Saturday, November 28, 2009

I suck at updating, go kick a dog or something

So, I haven't updated here since before Comic Con, and I swear I'd feel guilty if I wasn't just so busy being COMPLETELY AWESOME. Honestly, I've come to realize that maintaining this blog actually made it harder to read comics. I would feel pressure every week to buy the books ASAP, read them, and come up with pithy things to say on a regular basis. Is this how writers feel when they're on deadline? If so, I can completely understand why books are late all the time.

Anyway, the new plan for this blog is basically to update whenever I feel like it, which I'm sure won't be incredibly often. (Send your complaints in the form of money to my PayPal account.) I guess I should talk about comics a little bit while I'm here though, so I'll tell you what I picked up today, as my shop (Golden Apple) was having their own post-Thanksgiving sale, and I finally used the gift certificate to Meltdown (the "rival" store to mine) my boss sent for my birthday.

The regular comics this week:
Beasts of Burden #3: I do think I like this book, although I'm pretty sure it's more for the art than for the stories themselves. Never really been into talking animals, so I'm not sure if that gets in the way of it for me, but I can't say I'm truly invested. What I can say though, is that I'll still be picking up #4-I may not be completely hooked, but I still need to find out what happens!

Chew #6: Yeah, it's still good. I actually dropped Dynamo 5 to stick with it (Sorry, Mr. Faerber!), and I still don't regret that decision. Half-faced terminator robocop cleaver face trumps a more enjoyable X-Men anyday AND OH MY GOSH MY DOG JUST LET OUT THE WORST FART IN THE HISTORY OF FARTS. I CAN'T EVEN CONCENTRATE MY EYES ARE WATERING SAVE ME!

Ok, I'm back. Had to go into the bedroom, out of the nuclear blast zone of Roscoe.
Where was I?

Oh yeah, my weekly purchases.

Criminal-The Sinners Part 2: I want to have Mr. Brubaker's babies. That's really all I can say about that.

Alright, everything else I bought I hasven't read yet-I'd promise to tell you about them later, but we all know I won't.

Here's a list anyway, in case you're curious:
Unknown Soldier #14
Stumptown #1 (finally!)
Northlanders #22 (Plague Widow #2) Quickly, I must say that I'm pretty sure this is my favorite North arc, and I'm only one issue in. I'm fascinated by the whole premise already, can't wait to see where this goes.
The 4th Exterminators trade (why, oh why was this book cancelled?! Shame shame shame.)

And then with my gift certificate at Meltdown, I picked up the first Y: The Last Man trade (for lending, since nobody's gonna borrow my floppies), and Winter Men, which has come highly reccommended by just about everyone. Let's hope it lives up to the hype!


Ok folks, I'm off for now. See you when I see you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is good

Eric Eugene Lawrence said...

Eric Eugene Lawrence from Missouri here. Although I understand very well how numbing it can be to have a writing deadline (especially one that is self imposed), six months is a long time to go with out. Come back! Also I find it amusing that you refer to yourself as so awesome due to the odd Eric Eugene Lawrence connection as well as my website www.AwesomeEric.com