Thursday, August 21, 2008

Humans are people, too

So, I went to the shop yesterday, even though I only had two new issues that interested me come out this week:

Air #1, and Anna Mercury #3.

I needed to go, since I was scared that Air would sell out, and I couldn't remember if I'd added it to my pulls. Once I got to the shop, my (usually)infallible CSG stopped, looked at Air, and said: "I hate to do this, but um..." and I could tell what he was about to say. He hated it.

Now, generally, his reccommendations are spot-on. House of Mystery? House of Awesome. Crooked Little Vein? Twisted Little Book. However, I wasn't willing to accept this and leave it alone. I mean, I'd read the preview-it looked if not just plain good, at least it was different. And interesting. And I'd liked Cairo, her previous work. I bought it anyway.

I'm proud to say that my CSG is now officially a terrible person. This book was great! The characters were engaging and mysterious, the enemy was introduced and appropriately nefarious, and the story moved along quickly enough that it never got boring. Most importantly, I was intrigued. Who is this Zayn, and what does he want with Blythe? How does he afford all those plane tickets? How the heck did he not know that Lancaster was involved with the Etesians when he had their symbol tattooed on his fricking hand? All of these questions need answers! And this is why I will be buying issue #2.

CSG, you're on watch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EVERYBODY'S DEAD # 5 came out too!

DinaIsAwesome said...

I could swear that was last week, wasn't it? Either way, of course I bought it. Need. Moar. Zombiez.
PS-I love that your zombies talk. I think that's my favorite part.