Friday, August 1, 2008

The Disner Awards, Part 2b

Miscellaneous Costumes, continued! (And I'm not sure, but I have a feeling I saved the best for last...)

Commendation for "Most annoying thing to walk around the con floor while dressed as":And truth be told, I saw this guy the next say, and his left hand was a hammer. He made various attachments! ATTACHMENTS!! (No sign of Woozy Winks, though.)
The "Comic-Con cliche'" Award:
Seriously, no Con is complete without a Goku. I can't believe I went 3 days before seeing this guy!
The "Oh, I get it-that's a pun!" Award:

In case you don't know what Pocky are, click here. Also note, that he was wearing a giant Pocky box on his back, that I failed to photograph. In case you're wondering, that lunchpail was full of sporks. He made me take one.

The "What's sad is this isn't the first time this has been done" Award:Smart money says there's a reason his friend list didn't make it into the costume...

The "I can't believe I saw you here last year" Award:Points for improving the sign? I wonder how much money he would have made if he charged for the high-fives instead...

The "Is that really a SPIKED CODPIECE?!?" Award:

Answer: Yes. Yes it is.

The "Nothing's creepier than a grown man wearing a homemade Pikachu costume" Award:

Actually, maybe if he was holding a sign that said "Free Candy"...

The "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone else in your Star Wars Reenactment Guild where I saw you sneaking off to" Award:

I hope he and his poke balls never find out where I live...

And finally, the Honorable Mention for "If I were the "dressing up for cons" kind of gal, I'd totally wear the crap out of this:

Seriously.

Stay tuned for the General Convention Awards!

No comments: