Monday, July 28, 2008

Disner Awards, Part 2a

Miscellaneous Costumes Division! (Or, well, half of it. I've got tons of stuff here, people!)

You know the deal, let's jump in:



The "I thought my costume was AWESOME until I saw this guy-"

...Award:
Bonus points for actually channeling another Star Wars entity, the Ewoks!


The "I finally figured out what to do with all of those worthless pieces of paper everyone keeps shoving in my face" Award:

This guy is my all-time favorite. (All it takes is some masking tape and a dream, people!)

The "OH MY GOD IT'S EATING HER LEGS!!!1" Award:
(In the words of my friend Shawn, "I can't decide if I like it, or REALLY like it".)

Award for "Not having ANYTHING to do with comic books, or, well, just about anything": Seriously, an In 'n Out Burger guy? Who thinks of this stuff?

Meritorious Achievement in "Lack of Costume Planning": After I took this guy's picture, I asked him what booth he bought the Kirby in, and he replied "Oh no, I made this!" HE MADE IT. He literally sat at home, slaved over the sewing machine, and thought to himself "Man, this is a great idea-I'm going to have so much fun holding this gigantic Kirby doll over my head through huge crowds for hours at a time. I can't wait!". Try to wrap your minds around that fact.

I've got too many more to just throw in this post, so check back again tomorrow for more!

No comments: