Sunday, July 27, 2008

Quick Sunday Morning Update

So, we miscalculated this morning and arrived before the doors opened. This was a mistake, considering they checked our passes, ushered us through the doors, up some stairs, through the registration and ballroom areas, then back downstairs, and outside again where we started. (Did someone say clusterfuck?)
Then we waited for the doors to open, were one of the first people let in, and ALREADY there were lines closed for things because too many people were there.

This marks the third day that I've been shut out from getting a Watchmen t-shirt. Oh well, it would have been too big anyway.

Then I had nothing else to do and couldn't bear being on the convention floor a second longer, so I headed upstairs (an hour early!) for the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia panel. I'm not exactly sure what this (or most any of the other panels, actually) have to do with comic books, but watching a new episode before the season premieres is a nice way to kill an hour until Shawn is finished shmoozing and we can get out of here for good.

Unfortunately, I apparently wasn't the only one with this idea. Right now it's 9:53 and the BALLROOM with a capacity of Idon'tknowwhat, is already two-thirds full. This year was a beast, and honestly I'm not sure if that's good or bad for comics.

But either way, I'm off to twiddle my thumbs for the next half an hour. Talk to you soon!

No comments: