Saturday, July 26, 2008

DISPATCHES FROM THE CON

I'm irresponsible, I know. I've been in San Diego since Thursday, and I have not updated any of you on the goings-on. There's so much to say, I don't even know where to start. First off, I gotta let you know that I have roughly 4534536 pictures, but I'm too lazy to even try to edit and upload any of them right now. Maybe tomorrow? I'll try and do my best to whet your appetites with the following:

-I have never seen so many people in all my life. For that matter, I have never seen so many people trying to shove free meaningless pieces of paper in my hand. I have been told about more upcoming projects, movies, TV shows, high school graduatons, and coming out parties than have ever existed in the world. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm SICK OF ALL THE FREE STUFF!

-A word of advice to all future con-goers. No matter how comfortable you think they may be, do not wear flip flops to a con. You WILL get blisters between your toes. I never thought this was possible, but believe me, it is.

-This place is rife with the "celebrity" sightings. So far I've seen Judd Apatow and Leslie Mann, Jamie Pressly, Inconsiderate Cell Phone Man, Scott Ian of Anthrax, Method Man, and THOUSANDS of half-naked chicks.

-Highlight of the day: Waiting in line to get Everybody's Dead signed by Brian Lynch (more on these guys later), I overhear this AWESOME exchange:
Brian: So, did you read the book?
Fan #1: No, not yet.
B: Nobody's read the book!
F1: I just bought it! ...but I can't wait to read it!
B: Ok, well here you go. ::hands back signed copies:: hope you enjoy it!
::Fan #2 walks up::
Brian: So, did you read the book?
Fan #2: Yes!
Brian: Oh, cool-did you like it?
F2: ...No...
B: Oh.
::beat::
B: So why am I signing this?
F2: Ebay?


I've never seen anything like it. I also thought it was kind of balls that Brian still signed the comics for the guy, and not even with a dedication. If that was me, I swear I either would have refused to sign it, or signed with a fake name, or even just have written some sort of something on it that would have hurt the resale value. Maybe "the owner of this book has herpes", or something of the like. I guess that means Brian's just the bigger man.


I have so much more to write about than this, there's pages filled with notes of things I want to tell you guys, but I'm just so fricking spent. (And yes, it's only 9:30. Sue me.)

More updates soon!

1 comment:

Brian Lynch said...

It got worse after that. That dude is not my favorite dude.