Thursday, June 12, 2008

Oh man, I am maaaaaad...

So I went to my shop today, super excited because not only was the last issue of Local coming out, but new issues of Locke & Key, AND Doktor Sleepless were coming out today! (Among other things, of course.)

So what happens when I finish BOTH of these issues?

I see on the bottom of the last page "To Be Concluded".

WTF?

Oh man. I mean, I understand the concept of a miniseries-you have a finite story in your head, and it only takes a few issues to tell it. I understand that, and I'm not upset about that. Some of my favorite things I've ever read have been told in less than 10 issues. HOWEVER, there is an expectation there that you let us know when this is the case, so we don't get all heartbroken when we find out there's only one issue left.

Mr. Ellis, why didn't Doktor Sleepless say "Issue _ of 8"? And Joe, same question to you, but even less! 6 issues in total!

What am I going to read in August, hmm? It's your job to make more, because you slackers forgot to tell me that you were quitting.

Shame on you.

EDIT: Oops, looks like that's a false alarm on Doktor Sleepless, after all. Turns out the "To Be Concluded" was in reference to the conclusion of the furst volume of the story, but there will certainly be more issues. Whoa. Next time, let's be more sparing with the word "concluded", hmm?

2 comments:

Tino said...

If I want to get into graphic novels, what should I start with? I was looking into Y the last man. Thoughts?

Also, I don't like that I link to you but you don't link to me. WAAAH.

- Tino

DinaIsAwesome said...

Tino,

Neither of your blogs on Blogger are linked to me-do you mean a different blog? Let me know which one and I'm happy to give you a "what's up". In order for me to link you, you have to let me know, duh!

-D