Friday, June 6, 2008

Oh man, this week was awesome!

Have I mentioned how much I love Brubaker's Criminal? Ugh, so good. This is the most consistent comic I'm currently reading, hands down.
I also happened to pick up issue #1 of Brothers In Arms, which I actually really liked. I expected to hate it, mainly becuase it looks like an old WWII throwback-and I hate those. But then I read the issue. I was so engaged, oh man-I already care about the characters, and I was only halfway through the issue! I can't wait to see where this goes. THEN I get to the end of the issue and find out it's based on a video game?!? Man. Good thing I didn't know that in advance-I never would have picked this thing up. I'm not entirely keen on the art, but the writing is strong enough to have this make the list for #2.
Then I moved onto The War that Time Forgot, which I mainly picked up because of the dinosaurs on the cover (have we discussed my love for dinosaurs?), but it's still sustaining itself enough that I'll pick up #3.
THEN. OH MAN. House of Mystery. Have I mentioned that I wasn't going to buy the first issue of this series, but my always on duty comic book guy made me? Well, i owe him a huge debt of thanks. Not only is this line shaping up to be one of the most interesting things I'm reading nowadays (although the cover is a bit misleading...), but if it weren't for this issue, I never would have gotten a sneak preview of Air. So stoked for this to come out. STOKED.

(And I still haven't even gotten through Kick-Ass #3, The Boys 19, and Helen Killer #2!) Best week ever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see that someone else read the second issue of "War that Time Forgot." The first issue garnered some positive reviews, but I haven't really found anyone commenting or discussing the second one. The series is pretty light, but thus far it's pretty entertaining. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for dinosaurs fighting in gladiatorial games.