Thursday, May 1, 2008

...And we're back!

Sorry for the radio silence kids, I've been catching up on a bit of work here, and didn't want to make another post until I had some good material.

Well, here it is-I headed to my comic shop this week to pick up my long-overdue books. I was very excited, since there were some great titles waiting for me in there: Northlanders (lovelovelove!), Fables (this cover was hot!), and Young Liars (anxious to read this one, partly for David Lapham, and partly because I really really love that TV on the Radio song and hopefully the book will do it some justice).

However, as I read through Black Summer, moved onto Dynamo 5, and then began Fables, a strange thing occurred to me:

Our artists are perverts.

I mean, not so much that they like to expose themselves to people at the local bus stops, or have a weird habit of hanging around playgrounds, but tell me if you don't see a pattern here.

Black Summer, Page 4:

Fables, Page 16:

Dynamo 5, Page 15:


I mean, is it me, or do a few of this week's panels have an interesting, um, perspective?

Just a thought. Maybe someone's a little sex-starved from being chained to the drafting table for hours at time? I'm thinking someone needs a vacation, that's all...


Also, in other news, I found this panel very funny:I don't know why, but anytime someone draws a punch with the punchee at the moment of impact, rather than a split second after, with their face turned, or maybe a little blood, it looks like their face simply absorbed the impact. After this punch, I always am shocked to see the guy on the floor, shaking his head-it looks to me almost as if the punchee should have his other hand on the puncher's forehead-holding him back so his face is just out of reach. Kind of like my brother used to do, you know?

Maybe it's just me, though.

Anyway, someone agree with me about how hot this cover is for just a moment. Seriously. James Jean, will you marry me? Or at least draw a really flattering picture of me?

HOT SEX ON A PLATE:

Man. So hot.

No comments: