Thursday, May 8, 2008

New Comic Wednesday!

Here's the list, and my thoughts so far:

The Man With No Name #1: Apparently, this comic was based on the Clint Eastwood movies where he played the title character. BGut honestly, because: 1)I've never seen any of these movies, and 2)I'm dense, I didn't make that connection at all until I Goggled it to get you a link. However, what I can say is that like Eastwood, this guy is a badass, and I will probably pick up Issue #2. But we'll see how formulaic it gets...

Also, is it sad that instead of Fistful of Dollars, my direct connection with the title led me to have this song playing in my head over and over again?

I was Kidnapped by Lesbian Pirates From Outer Space!!! #1: Apparently, this comic (and 5 other issues) are available for free online (on a page a day basis), but at a cost of 99 cents, there really is nothing like holding an issue in your hand. What can I say about the comic? There is a girl, she was kidnapped, and they do seem to be aliens, lesbians, and pirates. Maybe next we'll find out they're robot ninjas, and we'll have the whole pop-culture niche down!

Kick-Ass #2: Well this one was a surprise. Nate (shout-out!) over at my shop reccommended this one to me, and I gotta give him credit. This is one of the most interesting new comics I've read in a while, and can't wait to see what happens in #3. I would totally have been that kid, if I didn't have an older brother to constantly beat me up and remind me that there's no way I could kick anyone's ass. Pick it up, they're in second printings already, so be quick about it!

I also picked up a few other things, but since I'm a working stiff, I haven't had time to read them yet. New post later, promise.

No comments: