Thursday, May 15, 2008

More stuff I've read!

Young Liars #3: I was honestly more confused after reading this issue than I was before. All I can say is that the Sherlock Holmes getup made me gag I was laughing so hard, and that I'm pretty sure I'm going to feel like crap after reading #4. Also, I think it's awesome that Sadie boxed Marcus' ears, because I'd totally box everyone's ears if I could. It's so fun, easy to do, and yet it hurts like a mofo if you do it right. I always wished I knew about ear-boxing when I was a kid and didn't feel bad about hurting people. F'reals.

NewUniversal-Shockfront: I missed this. The last time we had a new issue was back in mid-2007, so I'd kind of forgotten what had happened so far. I appreciated the quick catch-up in the beginning, so I didn't have to go running back upstairs to reread everything. Although, I'm kind of miffed on the dialogue complaining about people who only buy comics on Wednesdays-Why the heck would I come into the shop on Tuesday? You don't have anything I need yet! Anyway, the book was good and the last page certainly shocked me. (In a good way!) Excited to see where it goes from here.

Everybody's Dead #3: Man, I'm really loving this. (And not in the McDonald's sort of way, either) There's visual gags, puns, retro jokes (Paddington Bear?! Come on!) and a great story. (At least, so far.) It's the most enjoyable thing I've read all week, and that's no lie. It's a short run by a smaller label so it might be hard to find, but don't be shy about asking your shop to order it for you. You'll thank me!

Walking Dead #49: I hate Robert Kirkman a little more every day.

EVERY DAY.

Kirkman, I'm willing to ignore the last two issues if you are-can we please go back to issue #47 and try this again? Something where, you know, NOT EVERYONE DIES?!?!?!!>2.

KTHX.

Locke & Key #4: Aw, man. I don't like this issue. I mean, I understand that it's necessary to the story, and blah blah, blah. But that doesn't mean I have to see the writing on the wall and like it, darn it! Agh! *Sigh* Put me down for #5...

No comments: