Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm a slacker

...but I have my reasons! I'm sorry for the dearth of posts this past week, but I was in Chicago because of my real job (blogging doesn't count you know), and have not even had a chance to pick up new comics until I got back in town.

Luckily for me, this meant that I made my drop on Sunday, which just so happened to be the day of a giant backissue sale at my shop (60% off! w00t!), so not only did I pick up my new issues (only 2 this week, ugh), but also my backordered first TPB of Casanova, as well as all 4 issues of Kirkman's Wolfman, along with back issues of Invincible, and Brubaker's Criminal.
(Which by they way, if any of you haven't read yet, I might have to excommunicate you.)

Haven't yet had a change to get through it all since, well, Memorial Day weekend is for BBQ's and Yard Sales (...or is that just me?). BUT, I promise I will soon.

What I can give you guys, is my honest opinion of a book I read on the (interminably long) plane ride: Life Sucks. (PS, really funny note-when you Google "Life Sucks", the first result is kind of hilarious. True Story.)

Ok, so this book is a Vampire story (yawn), but in a new way (reserved yawn?). Instead of showing us how awesome and deliciously evil it must be to be a vampire, it shows you the crappy "real" side of it. (Not being able to see the sun, indentured servitude to your master, those stupid vampire teenage wannabes, etc.) I actually liked the book, even though I have the feeling I was a bit older than the target demographic. (But then again, every so often I do catch an episode of That's So Raven...) Bonus points for the "blood orange" juice joke.

More writeups when I get home. Promise!

No comments: